Here at the Virginia Partnership for Out-of-School Time, we are always looking for ways to expand and grow our team of passionate, hardworking professionals. Below, you can find our latest job-postings and see if you are the perfect fit to help us accomplish our goals as an OST leader in the nation!
Community-Based Organizations Program Manager
The CBO Program Manager (“the Manager”) is a part-time temporary contract position averaging 15-20 hours weekly, serving as a liaison to community-based organizations throughout the Commonwealth that serve youth in out-of-school time settings. Supporting the larger mission of VPOST as a “friend of the field”, the Manager will work to ensure greater accessibility to funding opportunities and professional development for leadership and staff of local programs. The Manager’s work will support the larger vision of expanding access to funding for out-of-school time programming in Virginia.
Leading up to the release of funding decisions for the most recent 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) grants, the Manager will prepare and deliver targeted technical assistance to successful applicants.
As a proactive measure to allow for greater access to funding opportunities, the Manager will also lead outreach efforts to out-of-school-time programs throughout the Commonwealth and work with them to determine if they are or could become eligible for future funding opportunities.
– Working with VPOST staff, prepare a technical assistance workshop to be offered to successful applicants in April/May
– Assess the success of the workshop to possibly replicate for future grantees post-award notice
– Lead outreach efforts to local programs that may be interested in future 21st CCLC grants, providing an overview of 21st CCLC grants and helping programs to determine if they are eligible
– Collect data and produce reports
– Travel to each successful applicant to help launch programs
– Serve as the primary contact for inquiries to VPOST about 21st CCLC
– Understanding of the grant-funded landscape for education in Virginia, with a preference for out-of-school time programming
– Ability to communicate well and in a timely manner with CBOs, VPOST staff, VPOST Board and the Virginia Department of Education
– Ability to navigate the nuances of government-based funding and the sensitive nature of the relationship between funders and grantees
– Self-motivated and willing to generate ideas that will advance the overall mission of VPOST
For questions regarding VPOST and/or the position(s) above, please contact Blaire Denson at firstname.lastname@example.org