On September 30, 2019, approximately 225 afterschool professionals and supporters convened in Williamsburg for a day designed just for the Virginia OST community. Participants engaged in an event jam packed with professional learning, networking and fun! Highlights included:
- An inspiring and innovative keynote speech by WagiLabs Founder, author, and TEDx presenter, Chic Thompson.
- Lunch Remarks on Teen Vaping Trends from Caron Treatment Centers.
- Informative breakout sessions on topics such as: STEM, SEL, Youth Voice, Staff Recruitment and Retention, and more.
- A robust exhibit hall featuring: Afterschool Alliance, Anthem, Astro Camp Virginia, Caron Treatment Centers, Child Care Resources, DimensonU, E-Cybermission, Edible Education, Girls Who Code, No Kid Hungry Virginia, PBL Project, PBS Kids (Virginia Public Media), Virginia State Parks and WagiLabs
- Door prizes and book bundles.